Hemp CBD Wellness Products that Make the Grade
At the Holistic Cannabis Academy, we’ve been evaluating countless CBD products for over two years. The CBD market has literally exploded! With so many choices, how in the world do you know what to buy? What are the questions you need to ask?
- Where are the plants grown?
- Is the product lab tested for pesticide residue or heavy metal contamination?
- Does the product really contain what’s listed on the label?
- What other ingredients are useful to enhance the functionality of CBD?
And the list goes on.
A New Language
Because cannabinoid medicine has a language all its own, let’s get some terminology straight.
- CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of 100+ phytocannabinoids in the cannabis plant.
Lesser known than THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, CBD also offers multiple health benefits.
Unlike THC, however, CBD does not trigger a psychoactive response.
- Both marijuana and hemp are cannabis plants. Marijuana, however, contains
THC and hemp contains less than 0.3% THC (based on US guidelines).
CBD products from the marijuana plant are available
only in dispensaries where cannabis can be legally sold.
- CBD products made from hemp are not constrained by the regulations and laws
that govern marijuana-derived products.
And this is what we are bringing you – hemp-based CBD
containing products in various formats.
What We Love
We love phytocannabinoid products that also contain essentials oils and botanical blends. Who doesn’t worship at the altar of the coffee bar? Of course, we’re featuring a coffee product, doubling down on the antioxidant content of coffee plus CBD for a winning combo. This is how we think. We’re nutritionists and we’ve searched far and wide to bring you products that meet our discerning criteria.
Rules of the Road
- CBD is a great introduction to cannabis medicine. It can offer multiple health benefits
without the high and is readily available. No odor, no stigma, no worries.
- Before incorporating CBD into your daily routine, check with your doctor
to make certain that CBD will not interact with any medications.
- The mantra: Start Low, Go Slow. Begin with the lowest recommended dosage and adjust accordingly.
- Most often, CBD products are taken 2-3 times daily. Follow the recommended dosage instructions on the label.
Though CBD can be helpful with sleep, taking it prior to bedtime may produce vivid dreams.
- Most people think of CBD products therapeutically to alleviate chronic pain.
CBD also works wonders for maintaining overall homeostasis and wellness.
Think of it like a tune up for your endocannabinoid system.